Rainbow Squash Amsterdam (RSA) is committed to creating a safe, welcoming, inclusive, and inspiring environment for all members, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, religion, cultural background, or squash ability.
This code of conduct outlines the expectations and standards for behaviour within our club.
By being a member of Rainbow Squash Amsterdam, members agree to abide by this code of conduct and help maintain a supportive and inclusive environment for all.
Code Of Conduct
- Treat all club members, trainers, visitors, guests and staff of Frans Otten Stadion (FOS) with respect, courtesy, and consideration.
- Discrimination or harassment of any form will not be tolerated.
- Embrace diversity and be inclusive.
- Violent or aggressive language or behaviour is not permitted against other club members, employees of FOS or fellow FOS club members. Some swearing at yourself is permitted, but not encouraged.
Sportsmanship and safety
- Play with good sportsmanship, displaying fair play and respect for your opponents, regardless of skill level.
- Play to win, but play fair and within the rules. Accept both victory and defeat graciously.
- Squash can be a high speed game, and in close proximity there is always a risk of injuring yourself and other players. Limit the risk of dangerous behaviour on (and off) the court, and always ask for a let if there is a risk of hitting your opponent.
- It is the members’ responsibility to know the rules and the risks of the game. Please ask for assistance or clarification from more experienced members.
- The club expects any disagreement regarding game rules, playing style or on-court behaviour to be resolved by the players.
- You always have the right to stop playing a match, and there is no obligation to play with another player in the future.
- You always play at your own risk and RSA accepts no responsibility for personal injury. Note: Wearing goggles on the court can reduce your risk of eye damage.
Club nights and relationship with FOS
- Please ensure fair allocation of courts and usage during club nights. On busy evenings, we ask members to rotate in a timely and fair manner to ensure everyone has an opportunity to play.
- Members are obliged to adhere to all FOS rules and conditions
- Please care for and respect the facilities at FOS including the squash courts, changing rooms, restaurant, as well as any (borrowed) equipment from FOS. RSA is not responsible for any damage its members may cause to FOS equipment or facilities.
- Membership of RSA entitles you to reserve courts at FOS outside the regular RSA Friday night squash evenings. When booking a court please ensure you book under your own
name(s) and not under RSA. Failure to do so which leads to additional costs for RSA may result in action from the board to recoup these costs from you.
- It is the responsibility of the member to ensure all financial commitments to FOS are settled in a timely manner.
- Please ensure all financial commitments to RSA are settled in a timely manner. This includes (but is not limited to) payment of RSA membership fees, and contributions for joining club events.
- Any membership benefits are limited to that member and are non-transferable.
- Members are responsible for the behavior of any guests they invite to club events.
Privacy and Confidentiality
- Respect the privacy of other club members, and remember not everyone may be as open about themselves as you.
- Do not share or post personal information of other members without their consent. This includes photos and videos at club evenings or other RSA social events.
- Maintain the confidentiality of any sensitive club matters.
Reporting and Addressing Concerns
- If you witness or experience behavior that violates this code, please report it to a member of the board or designated contact.
- The board will investigate all received complaints discreetly, and reserves the right to take appropriate actions to address behaviour that they see unfit and against the spirit of the club.
Consequences for Violations
Violations of this code of conduct may result in disciplinary actions, including warnings, suspensions, or membership termination, depending on the severity and frequency of the
Get in Touch
This is a Paragraph. Click on "Edit Text" or double click on the text box to start editing the content.